Content

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Prologue

Two years after




After the March 9, 2013 incident, my life hit rock bottom and it was the darkest moment of my life as a 20-ish year old. I was full of passion and dedication on my craft but with just a single hit from life's hustle I was brought down. I even thought that maybe this field was not really for me. I kept myself away from the blogging world and started focusing on improving my clinical skills as an oncology nurse (a nurse with specialization in taking care of patients with cancer) later on.

Two years had passed and today is a new morning for me. There may be followers from the past who would still read this blog and I expect that there would be new readers that will visit this site in the next few weeks. Lying dormant in the blogging world was like failing to document what had happened in my life. Up until today, I still have the passion to take photographs and share stories. Like what the old saying states, a picture paints a thousand words. Thus, conveying a message to my readers through the power of photography and writing gave an edge to this photo blog. With the help of my fellow bloggers and readers, it would never be possible for this blog to attain two awards consecutively in the Saranggola Blog Awards for 2011 and 2012 plus the nomination as the best photo blog in Globe Tattoo Awards 2013.

Two years had passed and I think now is the right time to rekindle this dusty blog.

The vision lives



This is Visions of a Colorblind Photographer and it may not be the kind of travel blog that you are looking for. In this blog, I am not going to feature my itineraries and travel guides. I may share some tips but it will not be the focus of this website. There are a lot of travel bloggers in the Philippines who share information and guides that will help you plan your next trip. I am encouraging you to visit these websites of my fellow bloggers especially Sir Mervs of Pinoy Adventurista, Ma'am Gael of The Pinoy Solo Backpacker and Sir Chin Chan of Juanderful Pinoy. They are one of the greatest Filipino travel bloggers today and we started blogging during the late 2000s and early 2010s. In just 2 years, they are now part of the top bloggers in the country and I am aiming for it too.

In this blog, I am going to write travel stories. These stories are about people and experiences amplified with the power of photography. I was inspired by international travelers who wrote compelling stories of their journey and experiences around the globe. We may be living in a small world but this planet that we are stepping in is rich in culture, people and life.

Baby steps



Like what David said in the movie Prometheus, big things have small beginnings, and I am ready to start blogging again. One may perceive that the past two years was a great loss for me, but I see it more of a gain. Sometimes we have to experience failure for us to grow even bigger. Today, I believe that I am more equip and capable than before. Now, the question is... Where should I start?

Support this blog by subscribing through email (check the Follow by Email tab below) or follow us through the following channel to get the latest updates.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are highly encouraged.

Follow by: FB, Twitter, IG

Subscription Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Instagram
Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts